Tuesday, November 27, 2012

VMware View Grey Admin page after upgrade


This problem drove me crazy for a week until I was finally able to determine why I couldn't access the Admin Page. Some of the solutions I found out there headed me in the wrong direction...somewhat helpful but not the right one!

Come to f
ind out that VMware has a hotfix that you have to download from them, their Tech Support will send you a link on where to download it from.  The same issue will apply to View 5.1 after an upgrade "BUT THE KICKER" is this only occurs if your systems are on an isolated network with no outside access!

Reason: Adobe Flash tries to contact their own web site and when it fails the page will not load. The "Patch" from vmware will disable Adobe from trying to make that initial connection.

Hope this helps somebody!



VMware KB: After upgrading View Connection Server, a blank gray web page is displayed for the View Administrator console

No comments:

Post a Comment