Tuesday, November 27, 2012

VMware View Recompose fails

VMware View 4.6.1 "Recompose fails with Invalid configuration for device '2' "

Here's another problem that I couldn't find an answer to online. Found several articles leading to believe that it was a hardware problem within the VM itself. That may have been one possible reason, but not for me. So no matter what I tried I kept getting the same error "Recompose fails with Invalid configuration for device '2' " ?. 


I do remember having a power outage right after I took my last snapshot and from that same image is when I started having this issue. SOoooo...What I did was go back to an earlier snapshot on that same VM (GOLD Image), just to test my theory, recomposed and my errors went away. Somehow that power outage corrupted my latest snapshot and was having problems trying to recompose from it.

Easy enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment